Openings at TBC Gastonia
Position: Pastor to Youth and Children’s Ministries
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Senior Pastor
PURPOSE: To serve the church by developing, coordinating and administering an effective and comprehensive ministry to the YOUTH AND CHILDREN of the church and providing leadership to and supervision of staff members and volunteers involved in this ministry.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the youth and children ministry programs including:
– spiritual development;
– affirmation of youth and children;
– support of families of youth and children
- Maintain contact with parents and students; keep informed of ongoing activities.
- Work with youth and children directors and leaders to develop youth and children activities and curriculum. Stay abreast of new resources and changes in youth ministry and youth culture and adjust our programming as needed to maintain a current and effective program.
- Oversee the planning of youth and children programs for special services, such as:
– Youth and children Sunday;
- Work with youth and children directors to recruit and train volunteers for leadership in youth and children ministry.
- Oversee the care of equipment related to youth and children ministry. Purchase supplies, materials and equipment as authorized.
- Coordinate youth and children activities with the church master program and facilities calendar.
- Develop and implement programs to effectively transition youth and children from one grade level to the next.
- Counsel youth and children and parents who need guidance.
- Administer the work of the Department of Youth and children Ministries by encouraging teamwork and mutual support, and by providing leadership and nurture to staff members who work in the department.
- Establish departmental goals and objectives by prioritizing related programs, managing the use of facilities, planning with youth leaders an appropriate budget, delegating tasks and evaluating progress regularly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to the Christian faith and leads by example in his/her personal life.
- Experience supervising volunteers and leading groups.
- Collaborates well with all individual age groups; ability to build relationships with youth and parents.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills, conflict management skills, and computer skills.
- Creative, innovative, and ability to implement engaging programs.
- Experience developing curriculum.
- Light travel and occasional weekend trips/activities.
- Working hours organized around student schedules. Majority of student engagement will occur outside of school hours and on weekends.
Please send an email to Schandra Haley: email@example.com or Amia Massey: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Youth Pastor Application” with the following attachments:
- Your résumé
- A statement, no longer than one page, on your philosophy of youth ministry.
- A link to your preaching (preferably video, but audio is acceptable if no video is available)